So, first things first, why should you listen to me? Who am I? What right do I have to tell anyone about anything? Well, I don’t really, but let me tell you about my experience, qualifications and credentials and you can decide whether you want to listen to me.
I’ve been running my web dev business for 15 years. And I also have another business that was started purely to raise money for charity and foster greater community. This business is a music events business for charity (The Baseline Collective). And I’ve learned different things from each business.
In the last 15 years, I have:
- Completed many SEO campaigns, and we’re still running them. Albeit my small team mainly does the work, I’m still involved quite heavily, so I still know a lot about SEO.
- Directed many organic social media campaigns. Who says organic is dead? We often get 8,000 views a month on our posts on small budgets.
- Decided on the strategy for paid social media campaigns. And paid social media ads are great value, with £0.002 cost per result on video views and £0.03 cost per click in one of our campaigns. As you can imagine, your budget goes further.
- Ran Google Ads campaigns. And I’ve seen costs per click ranging from £0.20 to £50 per click.
- Played with TikTok campaigns. £10 got our client 10,000 views.
- Developed email campaigns and coded HTML emails. And the customers say they got good results so who am I to argue?
- Built plenty of websites and yes they get traffic and convert well.
- Built software for our clients to help them to be more productive.
- Trained designers and design teams.
- Developed a system for front-end development and trained teams on how to use it and why it is beneficial in the long run for team working and long-term success of a project.
- Been invited to speak at global conferences in my industry. .
- Been invited to speak on podcasts (being invited as the first speaker in episode 1 was a nice privilege).
- Regularly spoken in front of business owners.
- Been a thought leader in my industry.
- Written - it was nice to be asked to record a video on the official Joomla! channel (2nd largest CMS in the world with millions of downloads).
- Written non-technical tutorials.
And as for my credentials, I have a BA (Hons) in Business Studies with Marketing. I'm a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing. I've even got qualifications from people like MailChimp and SEM Rush.
Hopefully, all these things help you to believe not only in me but also in my business and the people that work for me. Because our ethos is to be the best at what we do for every single one of our customers.